Mesozoica - Opening Pandora's Box

Place for anything and everything!

Mesozoica - Opening Pandora's Box

Postby Myhijim » Sun May 17, 2015 7:31 am

[ADMIN EDIT]
A participant of the conversation and his representatives have requested the above images of a certain private conversation he had to be deleted. Therefore we have removed the links in accordance with copyright laws as he is an owner of the content in question.

Feel free to contact us for any further clarification.
[/ADMIN EDIT]
Myhijim
Egg

Re: Mesozoica - Opening Pandora's Box

Postby barrosasaurus » Sun May 17, 2015 7:56 am

Welp. This certainly clarifies some things.

Thanks for coming here to tell us. If the game is good still it will be bought. But i for one wont support it until it has reached full release (for a month so that reviews can come to make sure it isnt bare bones). The Screenshots you posted tell an interesting story.
Some questions i have though, if mesozoica was originally made out of spite, what where they spiting? PK? Whats the story there?

So many questions... :?:

And again. Thank you for coming here to tell us what is happening.
I am the ex holy lepidotian pope. The current pope is medena, because i got bored

Also, i am a writer for UP, the one who makes everything sound pretty by saying stuff such as "the magenta flowers" :P
barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Pachyrhinosaurus » Sun May 17, 2015 8:02 am

If it is ok with you I will cover this in my podcast on YouTube to warn more people.
Out oft my way or I'll stomp you!
Oh shit Albertosaurus! Ruuun!
Pachyrhinosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Myhijim » Sun May 17, 2015 8:03 am

Fellow devs clarification of the situation : https://playmesozoica.forums.net/thread ... mak-bucalo
Myhijim
Egg

Postby Edaphosaurus » Sun May 17, 2015 8:50 am

And so another mask falls, just like Stomping land and Jurassic Genetics before it. I'm quite shocked that such a developed game which had so much work put into it seams to have been run by yet another Tyrant, and I really hope the team gets sorted out, like when the current PK Devs abandoned the leader of JG, or the Stomping land Devs joined the Isle team.
Edaphosaurus 2.0 - Still controversial, just with less hate
Edaphosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby barrosasaurus » Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 am

i hope the devs that left can find new jobs. Dinosaur games, while now more in existance than becore, are still a rarity to find for a game developer.
I am the ex holy lepidotian pope. The current pope is medena, because i got bored

Also, i am a writer for UP, the one who makes everything sound pretty by saying stuff such as "the magenta flowers" :P
barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Edaphosaurus » Sun May 17, 2015 8:58 am

barrosasaurus wrote:i hope the devs that left can find new jobs. Dinosaur games, while now more in existance than becore, are still a rarity to find for a game developer.

Does Maurizio have any vacancies!?!
Edaphosaurus 2.0 - Still controversial, just with less hate
Edaphosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby barrosasaurus » Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 am

Edaphosaurus wrote:
barrosasaurus wrote:i hope the devs that left can find new jobs. Dinosaur games, while now more in existance than becore, are still a rarity to find for a game developer.

Does Maurizio have any vacancies!?!

Looking at the team list i dont think so, except maybe some additional programmers and coders. But even then i doubt it. Maybe the isle? :P
There is also a few other dinosaur games but DB and saurian arealmost certainly full, as both are close to an alpha, PK is seemingly full because what else could they add? Other games are smaller but are certainly possibilities.

Or they could make their own game. A spite of mesozoica (which is according to the post in and of itself a spite towards PK)

barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Apollo » Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 am

Aye, what a mess.

Edaphosaurus wrote:I'm quite shocked that such a developed game which had so much work put into it seams to have been run by yet another Tyrant.

lol! Good lord Daph!

As a person with a lot of experience in terms of working with teams and making business strategies.

I would say that perhaps a lot of the problems made under your circumstances was relying on a marketing official.

Also if we dabble more into that, It's understandable that a marketing official brings in a lot of attention but it seems as if this one was pitching to the public as opposed to individual prominent investors.

Once those investors work as producers then it would be wise to pitch to the public.

Relying on a fan base to supply the necessary funds is a terrible idea! Maybe it has worked in the past but it isn't the most methodical approach.

With all this being said, I really hope that most projects actually take into consideration what is the appropriate steps and rationalize on assessing them.
Apollo

Postby Sci-Fi King25 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:14 pm

I'm still quite confused. So Mezesoica was created to try to beat PK for making a great dinosaur park simulator? :?
I like Sci-Fi.
Sci-Fi King25
Ankylosaurus

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion